Last week I had the pleasure of being on a webinar with Tina Marie of The Profits Project and Andrea Hancock of Dexterous Organizing. This was actually a redo from a Blab that we did earlier in the year. It was just as informative and fun as the Blab, plus we shared even more tips and tricks on organizing, technology and how that affects profitability. You can contact any of the ladies by going to their website.You can watch the replay below.
Resources Mentioned in Webinar
Spider Oak – Secure Cloud Service
This year the National Association of Professional Organizer’s (NAPO) conference was in Atlanta, GA. This was a much more relaxed conference than years past. I really enjoyed myself and enjoyed the camaraderie of my colleagues.
I got to learn great new skills that I can use with my clients and for myself; I got to hang out with old and new friends; and I had a great ride down to Atlanta and back home with 3 other organizers and we had a great time masterminding.
This year I had a plan and intention to not just attend another conference and then do absolutely nothing with what I learned. This year I made a point when I got back home to dive into my notes and organize everything so that I could take immediate action on ideas that came up while I was there and the action items. I also made sure that I appointed an accountability partner and that’s where the three other organizers come in. We all agreed to check back in with each other in 3 weeks to see where we were at with the action items we all took from the conference. This is just another way to make sure that when you attend conferences where you’re learning new skills or sharpening old skills that it doesn’t get lost because of taking too much time off or not getting back to it at all.
- Classes I attended
- The Third FactorSM: The Mindset for High Performance Leadership by Scott Greenberg – This was a great keynote that really got me thinking about how important mindset is and success in life and business. I am working more diligently to silence the inner critic.
- Coaching Works: Where Coaching Meets the Organizing World – Roundtable of speakers. – This was a great roundtable of my peers talking about integrating coaching into your organizing business and the differences between coaching and consulting. Very enlightening.
- The Art of Tactical Time Management by Mike Vardy – This session was so excellent! I learned many new ways of looking at my schedule and batching my time. Many, many takeaways that I will be implementing not only with me but my clients as well.
- Photo Organizing Anxiety and How To Overcome It by Catherine Nelson and Sherra Humphreys – I am diving more into photo organizing so this was a great session in learning more about how to better organize my photos as well as my clients photos. They shared great resources that I can’t wait to share with my clients.
- Ask the Organizer’s Panel – This is a popular session where we get to ask seasoned organizers all types of questions pertaining to business and life. This year did not disappoint.
- Veteran Forum Interactive for Golden Circle Members – I got to speak on burnout and how I overcame burnout in my business for a couple of minutes. Other topics that was talked about was selling your business and running a business in a new city.
- Profit and Add Value with Online Training by Cena Block – This was a favorite of mine as I build my Tech Academy. I learned great information to further provide value to my clients.
- Information Afterlife and the Digital Estate Plan by Judith Kolberg – the key takeaway from this class was there is so much out there that we need to be protecting. And we should do this before we die. Just like you have a will (you have a will don’t ya?) you should have a digital estate plan. This will save your family from headaches and pain upon your demise. I will be sharing more about this in an upcoming post and newsletter. So stay tuned.
*I took over 11 hours of classes this year at conference to better serve my clients and to keep myself educated.
Take Aways and Other Happenings
This year was my last year serving as the Tech SIG leader for NAPO. I led my last open SIG meeting at conference and had a great turnout and in turn learned of new ways to serve professional organizers as it pertains to technology. I am still a member and look forward to further collaborating and masterminding with my fellow Tech SIG members.
There was more downtime built into this year’s conference which I appreciated. I didn’t feel rushed and was able to digest what I had just learned from the previous classes I attended. I also got to network more and talk with other organizers from around the country and world. Loved that! I also loved the fact of how everything was arranged and the new added party night complete with awards ceremony and karaoke.
Because of the great time I had this year I am looking forward to conference next year and making even further connections.
I did several Facebook Lives and Periscopes from the conference and the Expo. Be sure you like my Facebook page and are following me on Periscope to go back and see the newest products that are out now. I have also included photos in the montage at the end of this post.
So as you can see I had a great time and don’t want to bore you with all of the details but here is a distilled version of my entire time including riding with my colleagues, dinner and dancing and karaoke. Enjoy!
NAPO 2016 Conference Atlanta, GA
Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: Weblizar
On April 9, 2015, Me and several organizers from the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) Nashville Chapter landed in Franklin, TN to help Phyllis Harper get her garage organized. Phyllis Harper was the winner of the Great Garage Rescue contest that was held by Goodwill Industries in September of 2015. Goodwill teamed with NAPO Nashville Chapter and Monkey Bars Garage Systems to give Phyllis a nice clutter free space.
You can read the full write up here.
And the pre-cleanup write up here.
I’m so grateful that I was able to work on this project with my fellow organizers and help a homeowner to get her life back by bringing her garage back to a place of peace for her to create her art.
Below are some photos from the event! Enjoy!