It’s that time of year again; switching out my clothes.
I do this routine about twice a year. It seems that it’s hard to tell when a season ends and when it begins, but nevertheless I do manage about twice a year. It used to be a long drawn out, much avoided task that I would do. But in recent years I have come up with a quicker system that now makes switching out my clothes and shoes really fast and easy.
You like fast and easy, right?
Good, so do I. So without further ado below is my current plan for switching out my clothes. Take a few of the tips and craft your own or do them all for maximum effect.
My Quick and Easy Clothes Switching Plan:
- I use the same container and just switch them out.
- By doing this I saved tons of time, money and energy by not having to buy new containers every season or having more than the 3 containers I use now. It also keeps me from buying too many clothes because it all has to fit back in. I refuse to get more containers. (And by the way, it doesn’t matter what container you use just make sure that it is big enough to fit all the clothes you would like to put in and will fit the space you plan to store it. And I store my hanging clothes in these containers too. No need for a rolling rack.)
- I leave a couple of outfits from the season I am packing away for those rare weather days.
- This keeps me from having to go digging through my packed away clothes. Which was a pain in the butt! I keep these storage containers up in my attic so having to trudge up to the attic when we have a warmer day or a cooler day is not appealing to me at all. So just keep a couple of outfits from each season out and you are good to go.
- I also use this time to weed out clothes I don’t wear anymore, can’t fit, or didn’t even touch that season.
- How many times do you come to cleaning out your clothes and you realize that you didn’t even where that shirt, or outfit that season. It happens to me more often than not. I may purge clothes that I kept passing over and finally agree that I just don’t like it anymore and it’s okay to get rid of. This is also a great time to evaluate your shoes and get rid of those that don’t fit or have seen better days or you never wore for whatever reason.
- Aim to donate or sell at least 2 outfits while switching out.
- I always have at least 2 or 3 outfits and a couple pair of shoes that I end up donating when I switch out my clothes. If my shoes are still really nice and I didn’t give them much wear I will use a app called Vinted or Poshmark to sell them online. (Review of those apps coming soon.)
Since starting this new system to switch out my clothes it now takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to do the switch out and evaluation. (May take you longer if you have tons and tons of clothes which is a subject for another day.) That is easy peasy and goes by really fast. I usually do my switch out on a Saturday morning when I am doing my other household chores.
So there you have it my quick and easy clothes switch out plan for the season. I hope that you can take some of these tips and implement them in your own home and make a task that is usually a pain go much quicker.