Last week you took your home assessment and put it into action by getting your home organized. Or at the very least getting the process started. Since this is the last week and actually the last day of the month I want to leave you with some parting tips for embracing change and keeping your organizing efforts going.
The question I get asked the most by clients is “how do I keep it organized once I get it done?” And the answer I always give is you have to do a little everyday to keep everything maintained. So here are 5 quick and easy tips to keep your home organized once you get it there.
5 Tips for Staying Organized
- Spend 15 minutes at the end of the day putting everything where it belongs. Just that small amount of time will keep things from piling up again and becoming overwhelming.
- Once a month pick a place to purge. This can either be your files, your magazines, your clothes, etc. Just go through and get rid of or donate what you no longer use or want.
- Re-evaluate your organizing plan every 6 months. Take time to list what is working and what did not work during the last 6 months. Make adjustments accordingly.
- Don’t bring in anything new until you get rid of something old. Don’t organize your home just to clutter it back up. If you want new shoes then make sure you donate a pair or two before you go get more.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you fall off the organizing train. It happens to the best of us. Just start again from where you are at and keep pressing on.
I hope that these past few weeks have helped you to formulate a plan and get organized and helped with your self improvement process. Let me know what you got accomplished this month in the comments below
To your success!