Do you find yourself with a ton of organizing projects, but no time? Today I want to share with you a quick list of 10 organizing projects you can do in 10 minutes. If you have 10 minutes you have time to start organizing and feeling better about yourself.
- Grab a garbage bag, timer and head for the junk drawer. Pick through everything and toss out what is no longer needed or relevant. If you don’t know what it goes to; toss it.
- Spend 10 minutes deleting any email that you don’t need from your inbox.
- Go through your file folders in your office or home office allotting only 1 minute per folder.
- Write out all of your birthday , anniversary, and other greeting cards for the whole month. You can even address them, stamp them and send them out.
- Go through our closet and choose five pieces of clothing you never wear. Be brutal! Put them in a donation bag to go out.
- Throw out any old makeup you never use or has expired. Most makeup expires within 3 months. Also toss out old prescriptions or find a place to take old prescriptions for safe disposal.
- Do a walk through of your home for 10 minutes with a hamper and put any stray toys into the hamper. The next day or the next 10 minutes you have you can let the kids put them back where they belong. (Have the kids do the picking up into the hamper also. Make it a fun timed game.)
- Instead of taking a hour to pay bills break the task down into 10 minute increments each day. Make sure all of your supplies are accessible and ready to go so that you don’t waste precious time looking or stamps and addresses, etc. If you use online bill pay you can do all of your monthly bills in 10 minutes no problem.
- Dismantle the piles. No matter what the surface is (table, dresser, or ottoman) remove the clutter so you can see the tops of the item again. File away the papers or put in the To Be Filed folder, and return all stray items to their rightful homes.
- Take 10 minutes to make that appointment with the doctor, hairdresser, accountant, or whoever that you have been putting off.
There you have it. 10 organizing projects that you can do in 10 minutes. You no longer have any excuses for not getting organized. There is always time to get started. So go get started!What other organizing project can you do in 10 minutes that isn’t listed? Let me know in the comments below.