In this video I share with you my process for transferring my written notes into my digital filing system. I use Evernote, but this can work with any note taking app or software. Listen in and let me know your thoughts and what you use currently to marry digital with paper.[youtube_advanced url=”https://youtu.be/HTrysiVr0oQ” controls=”no” showinfo=”no” rel=”no” modestbranding=”yes” theme=”light”]
- Set aside 1 to 2 hours. Especially if you have a large load of notes.
- I took a photo of the notebook
- Scanned the pages
- Tear up and toss the scrap of paper or file the notebook.
- To maintain – schedule time weekly to keep up to date and not get a backlog of notes to scan and have to devote hours.
- Helped me remember things I had written long ago.
- A great way to review how far you’ve come and what you have accomplished. (You don’t have to wait until the end of the year!)
- Helps keep you motivated and creativity flowing.
Choose Your Route
Scan to a generic notebooks, then organize where it goes later. You just need to make sure that you schedule the follow up.
Scan where it goes to from the start. This takes longer so you will need to schedule the necessary time and you may need to break it into sessions.
Want to learn how to use Evernote like a pro? Enroll in my Evernote Course now!