When deciding on the best project management tool to use in your small business you have a lot of choices. I have used a ton myself looking for the perfect fit as my business grows. That’s when I ran across Nozbe a couple of years back. Since stumbling across Nozbe, I haven’t looked back.
What is Nozbe?
Nozbe is a project management application available for use on a web browser, Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iPad and iPhone.
Nozbe has been a around since 2007 and isn’t going anywhere but forward. It was initially inspired by David Allen’s book: “Getting Things Done (GTD) – The Art of Stress Free Productivity” and you can see the inspiration throughout the app.
It has since evolved into it’s own thing with the creator showing how he runs his entire company with only an iPad and Nozbe. They don’t even have an office (learn more about that by clicking here)! But enough about the background let’s jump into the reasons why you should be using it too in your business.
Below are 8 reasons why Nozbe just might be right tool for your small business:
- Time Estimations – While Nozbe does not offer time tracking it does allow you to enter the estimated time it takes to complete a task. This helps to schedule the right amount of time to get the task completed. It is also a great way to let a team member, such as a virtual assistant, know how long they should expect to work on a task.
- Recurring Tasks – Recurring tasks are a must in project management. It’s time consuming and frustrating to have to copy the same task over and over again. If you need your virtual assistant to accomplish a certain task every week just set it up as a recurring task and they will be assigned that task every week without you having to lift a finger. I personally use recurring tasks for office admin tasks like writing my newsletter and blogging because I do it the same day every week.
- Templates – Templates are great for product creation and business processes. Create a template with all the tasks and details needed for the project. The next time you have a similar project just use the template to save time and have your project tasks ready for you to start taking action on.
- Listed Based – Some people are visual people and some are list people. Nozbe is for list people. There are no distractions of graphics or visual pieces. Just the tasks you need to focus on to help move your business forward.
- Third Party Apps – Nozbe plays nicely with numerous third party apps such as Evernote, Google, Microsoft Office, Box, and Dropbox. I love that I can sink my tasks into my Google Calendar.
- Desktop and Mobile Apps – While Nozbe is available to use over the internet in a web browser you can also download a desktop and mobile app. The mobile app is great to add items as inspiration strikes while you are out and about. The desktop app is for those who don’t like to have too many browser windows or tabs open at once. The desktop app is a stand alone software application that works the same way as the Nozbe does in a web browser. Keep in mind you will need to be on a paid plan for your information to sink across all of the platforms. Very worth it for me.
- Categories – One of Nozbe’s most popular feature is categories. Each task within a project can be assigned a category. Tasks in this category can come from multiple projects. For example, you may have a task to make a phone call in project 1 and project 2. If you categorize those tasks as ‘phone calls’, when you view the category you will see all the phone calls you need to make regardless of the project. This allows you to knock out the same type of tasks for multiple projects at the same time. This saves tons of time and a great way to use “batching”.
- Priority Tasks – Nozbe is unique in that it has a priority tasks tab. If you added a due date to tasks when the tasks is nearing the due date Nozbe will automatically put it in the priority list for task to do. You can also add any tasks you want to this list. This is a great a way to stay on schedule and not to let anything fall through the cracks. I put things that I absolutely must do in the priority tasks list. My brain dumps can be put in the regular list. Only clicking the star will cause it to be priority. You can also turn tasks by clicking the star on any tasks.
Everyone works in different ways and Nozbe works great for those who love the “Get It Done” system and checking off lists. It offers the most important features needed for a project management app while still keeping it cost effective for small businesses.
Want to check out Nozbe for yourself? Click the image below and check it out.